Sunny Girl and I are on a continuing journey down a road which will lead us to ultimate weight-loss success. We invite you to join us. We strive to live healthier lives as we loose the weight which has held us back for so long.

Village Members..

4/23/09

You gotta have... R E S P E C T...



You know, Aretha had it right.. you gotta have respect. For years I know that I have been respected by others. My friends know they can count on me, my employers know they can expect only the best... I have spent my whole life earning the respect of those I love and others in my life. The only problem is, in all that time, I never really learned what 'self-respect' really was. If I was asked, I'd say sure.. I respect myself. I based that on how I felt others perceived me, but never really looked inside myself.

Self respect to me means not being ashamed of your actions or choices. Well, in the past I don't really think that my actions (over indulging, lack of control, blatant disregard for my best interests, etc...) equated to actual 'self-respect', more like self-disrespect!

Now I am on a new path. A path that won't end when I reach my goal weight, which by the way is 210 pounds (first time stated on this blog)! I know now that I am making good choices, I'm in control, I am not disregarding what is in my best interest... I have self-respect, and it SHOWS BY MY ACTIONS AND CHOICES!

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you 100%...We are losing the weight and gaining self respect. Once again, you speak my thoughts...Excellent blog!

    ReplyDelete