Sunny Girl and I are on a continuing journey down a road which will lead us to ultimate weight-loss success. We invite you to join us. We strive to live healthier lives as we loose the weight which has held us back for so long.

Village Members..

4/22/09

Slow and Steady Wins The Race...

I wake in the mornings feeling like a thin person, like I should look in the mirror and see the person I feel like I am....The only problem is, I'm not thin. My mirror doesn't reflect how I feel. It still tells me I've months to go. I'm getting used to it, but some days, it's daunting. Some days, it feels like it will take forever. I have to keep reminding myself that time moves quickly and by this time next year, I am going to look as thin as I feel. It's comforting to think of it this way. And it's even more comforting to know that I have Don in my corner, someone who understands exactly what I mean when I say...God, I feel like a thin person now!

Today I am thankful for Don, for my daughter, who is always there for me and for the rain....because the flowers are coming, how appropriate that soon the blossoms will appear! It takes time, but they always blossom!
Slow and steady.....

1 comment:

  1. What beautiful thoughts from you today! Slow and steady... is the exact mind-set we need Sunny Girl! I know what you mean about how your feeling doesn't match what you are seeing. Both, though, will inspire us. How we feel shows us every day how we are changing and that we are succeeding. Looking in the mirror and facing the 'reality' of where we are, keeps us on that ROAD.

    I am also thankful for you... I don't believe either of us can or will succeed without the love and support of the other. Thank you for being there for me!

    ReplyDelete