Sunny Girl and I are on a continuing journey down a road which will lead us to ultimate weight-loss success. We invite you to join us. We strive to live healthier lives as we loose the weight which has held us back for so long.

Village Members..

4/22/09

Come ooooon HDL, We Can Do This!!!



The Doctor called today with my blood test results. My HDL (good cholesterol) is too low. For those who don't know; the HDL is what gets rid of the LDL (bad cholesterol) in the blood stream. He also told me that my triglycerides are a little too high, (250). I asked what I can do to pull up my HDL number and he told me to stick to the turkey and chicken instead of beef and to stay away from processed meats, which means hot dogs or sausage, pepperoni...etc. He also said I should keep my intake of cheese to a minimal amount, which is 3 to 4 oz. a day. I was told that other than doing these things, to just continue the plan and to go back in 3 weeks for more blood work.

I feel like I lost about 10 lbs. overnight, so I'm not even going to stress over this. I will just do as I was told and move forward....Being monitored by a doctor during a diet such as this one is obviously very important.

1 comment:

  1. So True, so true... I am on Crestor so I don't have the issue with my levels. I would like to come off the medications at some point when I loose more.

    Great Post Sunny!

    ReplyDelete