Sunny Girl and I are on a continuing journey down a road which will lead us to ultimate weight-loss success. We invite you to join us. We strive to live healthier lives as we loose the weight which has held us back for so long.

Village Members..

4/17/09

“hallelujah!”

I was thinking about bread and butter today, probably because when Don and I had lunch together today, the waiter brought a basket of bread for us to "enjoy" before our meal....Of course, Don said, "If you would, please remove the bread..."

But it left me wondering what it is about bread that I loved so much, why was it so satisfying?...Instantly gratifying? I had the same affection for pasta, but bread was so convenient. And then I remembered the feeling of comfort these foods brought me, when I was feeling alone or stressed about something, the bread was always the first thing I reached for. Nothing said 'comfort' to me like slices of toast with honey or jam on it...or butter or better yet, apple butter!!!

And then I realized, the reason I'm no longer in love with it, is because I found some things more deserving of my love and affection.......First and foremost, me and my family and friends....it's all about the people, not the food, not anymore.

Ourselves, and those around us, are where we draw our inner strength from and the foods we eat, give strength for the body, and being able to understand this is really helping me to look to the special people in my life when I need comfort, a good conversation with someone you love and trust is so much better than a freakin' piece of bread anyday!!! ......“hallelujah!”

3 comments:

  1. Your blog is so true. We need to learn to get the comfort from our friends and loved ones, not food. Someday, a good slice of warm buttered bread may be in our future, but not as a replacement for the love and warmth we get from people who care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful entry sunny!!! power to you & the people who give love & support ... have an amazing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great way to express your love and support Sunny Girl! I love you!

    ReplyDelete