Sunny Girl and I are on a continuing journey down a road which will lead us to ultimate weight-loss success. We invite you to join us. We strive to live healthier lives as we loose the weight which has held us back for so long.

Village Members..

6/24/09

New Ideas... Light bulb moment


Hi all...
I probably won't even get a chance to turn on my computer tonight. I have a business dinner (oh boy.. another challenge.. I actually look forward to them now), and probably will not get home until bed time. Very long day, but I was perfect on plan (and will be at dinner as well).

I did something different today. I had a 'salad' for breakfast. At first I thought it would be kind of wierd, but actually, it was not bad at all. I was reading on some other low-carb sites and kept seeing how much stress there is on the '3 cups of greens' a day, and thought maybe I should increase my intake. The pre-made salads from my local Giant store are perfect, I had one for breakfast and another one for lunch.

Last night I woke up at 2:00am with terrible leg cramps. I had read that this can be a common side-effect while on induction and I should consider supplementing my potasium intake. I will look into this over the weekend, because those cramps suck. I have had them in the past but have not really blogged about it, but last night when I was out of bed, I 'Googled' 'Low Carb Leg Cramps' and found many reports similiar.

Overall I feel good today, just feel a little guilty about leaving my dogs home so long unattended. I'm sure there will be little gifts from them awaiting our return tonight.

If I haven't said it lately, thank you all our constant readers / commentors, for all your support. You are our backbone during this journey.

2 comments:

  1. I know that business dinners don't pose a threat to you any more than eating out does for me, I bet your choices were wonderful too, they always are!! About the leg cramps, I've had them too, not very severe, but can really wake you up with some serious pain...get that potasium asap...as I've heard from other low-carbers that it works!!

    Good luck with the clean-up tonight ;)!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. Salads for breakfast isn't so bad...I used to eat cold pizza!

    ReplyDelete