Sunny Girl and I are on a continuing journey down a road which will lead us to ultimate weight-loss success. We invite you to join us. We strive to live healthier lives as we loose the weight which has held us back for so long.

Village Members..

5/31/09

A philosophy we can all live by...


I heard this this morning and I love it so much. We all need to adopt this philosophy:

Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery.. but today.. is a gift.

It is so easy to get caught up in the day to day processes of our lives, that we fail to see the bigger picture.

'Yesterday is history'...

We can't change the past, so there is no sense in living there! I know that I have let my past experiences dictate how I act in the present, but not anymore.

'Tomorrow a mystery'...

We never know what will happen tomorrow, but as we are living a life that is moving into the future, we need to consider the future, and realize how what we do in the present effects it.

'Today is a gift'...

Time for us to open our eyes, see what is going on around us in the moment. Breath deep and soak in life, not just busily rush through it into the future! Not to be depressing, but, we never know when our last 'moment' will be. Live without regret and with purpose.

Maybe it's the lack of carbohydrates, but I feel my life is more focused, more true to what I want my future to be. This is my life philosophy. Thank you all for being a part of my life.

4 comments:

  1. I really loved reading this....I like that I can reference it whenever i need to!! Hopefully our mental and spiritual changes will really make a difference in maintaining our enthusiastic attitudes to the very end!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful blog don, and i love your attitude :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to cherish the moment. Life is too short. As for the new pictures and weigh in, Way to go Don! I think you may have lost a few ounces with that hair cut, though. The difference in your stomach is dramatic. I thought by tucking in the shirt you were really showing off! I am ecstatic for you. You must feel so much better. Enjoy that new TV, but no going back to a couch potato! Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone, for the comments on this blog. I put a lot of thought into it.

    Peggy, thanks for the notes on the changes in my appearance. It's good to hear more than just.. 'oh, yeah.. I can tell you're loosing weight, I can see it in your face!!!'... As for the TV.. it's wonderful.. but there is no chance that I'll EVER be a COUCH POTATO again!

    ReplyDelete