Sunny Girl and I are on a continuing journey down a road which will lead us to ultimate weight-loss success. We invite you to join us. We strive to live healthier lives as we loose the weight which has held us back for so long.

Village Members..

5/10/09

Every day....

... is a brand new day.

Sometimes as we journey down this road, it can seem to get redundant, even boring. I realize this trip is going to take a long time. I need to keep thinking of new things and new ways to keep it interesting, engaging, inviting.

It can be done through food choices, cooking the proteins in new and interesting ways. Last night, for instance, I cooked pork chops in a grill pan, but after they were done, put a dollop of pesto on each one. Boy, what a change, what a difference from 'just another piece of meat'.

What I learned was, it doesn't take much to spice something up, ... to 'change it up a bit', and the result is new interest, new satisfaction and renewed engagement in the process. Sunny and I both need to keep this in mind the entire journey.

As we get ready to begin week 10 (WOW.. week ten?? already??.. and we're 30ish pounds lighter... YEAH US!), we need to keep in mind to 'keep it interesting', 'keep it new'!

2 comments:

  1. You are so right! This is the reason I need to shop for myself sometime soon. I need to use my imagination and get some new things into the house and my diet...Pesto on pork!? Brilliant!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just put an order in for pesto sauce...mmmm....i want some on the steak he's buying this week!! *wink*

    ReplyDelete