Sunny Girl and I are on a continuing journey down a road which will lead us to ultimate weight-loss success. We invite you to join us. We strive to live healthier lives as we loose the weight which has held us back for so long.

Village Members..

5/3/09

Forward


I was commenting on Don's last blog, but while I was commenting, I realized that I was indeed, blogging. So I decided that I should open up and blog about this as well....

I identify so much with your blog. And you know what cuz? It's true sometimes that you have to know where you've been in order to know where you're going. But in this case?...I don't know if that applies.

I've begun to stop worrying about what got me here (Fat and soon to be 50) and am only focusing on how to get where I need to be, want to be, DESERVE to be.
I was in a different place mentally than I am now and so were you, and I don't even want to know why I felt myself so unworthy of my health. I like where my head is now and I know you do too, I like that I don't ever want to be this way again and am taking steps to insure that it doesn't happen again, as you are!!

That pic of the road you posted above the page?...when i look at it, I am on the right side...I've already driven the left side to where I was, now I'm driving the right side to where I'm going.

Focusing on the past has only depressed me in the past, made me feel like I was being challenged, and I worked against myself my whole life, I'm not doing that anymore. I already took the challenge to come back from FAT LAND. I accepted it and I'm forging ahead....to hell with that person I was, I don't need her anymore, now that I know who I am and what shape I should be in.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, when you look in that mirror, tell yourself it's just a shell....then look inside and just love and enjoy who you are. Your body will catch up in no time.

2 comments:

  1. mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?
    Sunny Girl & Don of course!!!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, of course. I think for myself though, part of the journey is really understanding why I got to 'there' to make sure I don't make the round trip again. I've done that too many times.

    All your words in this blog, I agree with and affirm. You're one wise chick-a-dee Sunny Girl!

    Your Road Warrior Companion

    ReplyDelete