Sunny Girl and I are on a continuing journey down a road which will lead us to ultimate weight-loss success. We invite you to join us. We strive to live healthier lives as we loose the weight which has held us back for so long.

Village Members..

5/25/09

Fat men DO BOUNCE...


I forgot to talk about this in my last blog...

When I was at the gym today I took quite a tumble in the locker room. I was changing into my bathing suit and had my 'crocks' on my feet. I stepped over the bench next to the locker (which was way to close to the lockers) and my crock got snagged on the bench. Of course, Newton's first law of motion being what it is, once I was in motion.. there was no stopping me.

To my left at another locker was a very old man, facing me. He saw me going down and screamed. I think that scared me more than the fall itself. Having the military training I do, I learned how to drop and roll (in this case drop, bounce and roll), and what could have been a pretty bad fall, ended up only straining the thumb on my left hand.

The old man, on the other hand, was quite shaken, and told me 'Don't you ever do that again'! I didn't even know how to reply to that, so I said, 'it's ok, I'm not hurt'!~ Anyhow, I discovered that at my age, I can still bounce!

2 comments:

  1. Thank goodness you are ok. Those crocks are not the best on cement in wet conditions. Think about a sneaker all the time, maybe a slip on if you can get it or no laces for easy removal when you get to the pool. You want to take care of your feet as they are going to carry you all the way on your ever so important journey. I have taken several falls lately and they make me all the more aware of being careful. At our age we do not mend like we did when we were younger. Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. (((((OUCH!!!!)))) I hope you're not banged up too badly....it's one time you had to be thankful for extra cushion! :)

    ReplyDelete