Sunny Girl and I are on a continuing journey down a road which will lead us to ultimate weight-loss success. We invite you to join us. We strive to live healthier lives as we loose the weight which has held us back for so long.

Village Members..

5/10/09

Mother's Day

Mother's Day used to be spent with my mom, taking her to lunch, dinner...whatever. It's now become a tradition with my own kids and in the past, it would be all about my favorite meals. Breakfast that consisted of waffles, bacon and pancakes....etc. Then a lunch consisting of hoagies or cheese steaks with cheese fries and a Dinner of pasta and breaded chicken...etc. That day alone would put 5 lbs on me and stretch my stomach to the point of no return, no lie.

Today, I had a shake for breakfast and lunch will be something light, most likely a salad since we're having dinner out tonight. Gone are the days of celebratory, carbohydrate laden meals!!

What was I thinking??? Well, I know the answer to that, I wasn't thinking about my health. These days, it's at the forefront of my mind. Being healthy and living to see my kids enjoy their lives, thrive and become happy, well adjusted individuals, is what it's all about for me now. All the cheese steaks in the world can't give you that!!

I think I can speak for Don here too.......Happy Mother's Day to all our reader mom's and their mom's. We hope you enjoy a healthy, happy day!! xox

2 comments:

  1. i hope the kids make you that salad sunny, if they ever get out of bed! ;)

    have a fabulous mother's day my friend! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha I skipped the salad and went straight to dinner...it was worth the wait ;)

    ReplyDelete