Sunny Girl and I are on a continuing journey down a road which will lead us to ultimate weight-loss success. We invite you to join us. We strive to live healthier lives as we loose the weight which has held us back for so long.

Village Members..

3/28/09

Dinner Delight...


All I have to say about this one is WOW. I had a brainstorm tonight. I wanted to have a shrimp salad for dinner. When I took the stuff out of the refrigerator I saw I had a head of cabbage. I decided to wing it and try to create a cold shrimp and tomato slaw. It turned out great. Here is what I did:


Special thanks to my hubby for helping develop this recipe.

Slice up a pound of cabbage, very thin and then chop.
Dice 10 cherry tomatoes. Thaw and chop a 1 pound bag of medium sized shrimp (in 3 or 4 pieces each) then salt and pepper the tomatoes and shrimp to taste.

For the slaw sauce mix 1/3 cup of mayonnaise with 1/4 cup of ranch dressing. Mix in 1 tsp of cider vinegar, a dash of onion and garlic power, a dash of paprika, 1/2 packet sweet-n-low, and mix it all together.

Throw all the ingredients in a bowl and mix with dressing.

In a perfect world you would let it set for a few hours, but, we ate it right away, and it was most excellent. Best part is I have left-overs for lunch tomorrow. That was a small success for me in itself, in the past I would have just eaten all, after Ed got what he wanted. Woooo-hooo.. I feel great!  

3 comments:

  1. mmmm... that sounds REALLY good... are you taking notes, Sunny? haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Notes?? Don, I think we should take all the recipe's and write a low carb book!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this one sounds so good...sending you-know-who to buy some cabbage today hahaha!

    ReplyDelete