Sunny Girl and I are on a continuing journey down a road which will lead us to ultimate weight-loss success. We invite you to join us. We strive to live healthier lives as we loose the weight which has held us back for so long.

Village Members..

7/29/09

Mind Body & Spirit!!!


I spoke to Don today and we talked about this journey, and how it's been truly amazing for both of us. Our talks always make me see things in a more positive light and today was no exception!

I've lost more than 40 lbs in 4 months...(the recommended 10 lbs. per month) so I've really nothing to be disappointed about!!!


I am disappointed in my recent stall, yes, but I am so confident that my diligence will pay off in the end. And as Don stated in a recent blog, there will never really be an 'end.' This journey is a lifetime journey. It's not even about losing weight anymore, it's deeper than that for for both of us...

We often talk of life changes and I know I am being somewhat redundant, but I can't stress it enough. It's more about moving forward in mind, body and spirit. The spirit is what moves me to move ahead and not stress about a stall in my weight loss...I'm moving forward in such a positive way that it no longer matters if the weight is coming off or not! I am changing.

Life is different for me now, I'm more self assured, I have a renewed confidence and feel at peace with the new found exuberance I feel for life itself. Yes, I want to lose more, it's just that now I feel so confident that I will, that I can wait it out while continuing to make the right choices.

I know with all the certainty in the world that my life is changing for the best and there is no feeling like this. If I lose 1 or 2 lbs. this week, that will be 1 or 2 lbs. I will never have to see again!! I refuse to be disappointed again. And if I don't lose anything, yes, I'll be disappointed, but I will eventually triumph even more than I already have....now isn't that something to smile about!! =)

And as always, thanks for all the support....you guys and girls, rock!

3 comments:

  1. Plateaus are a waiting game - just toughing it out is the only way. But it is so hard not to see the results on the scales.

    But remember, it WILL pass and you WILL see results if you stick at it. When is a different matter - grrr!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You BOTH are doing G-R-E-A-T!!! All of my time recently has been dedicated to moving, so I haven't been on your blog for a few weeks. The first thing I did was to look at your pictures, and OMG!!! Sunny Girl, I can see a HUGE change in your face! Just stunning! And Don, your side-by-side comparison is unbelievable! I am sooooo proud of you guys...

    Sunny Girl, it is a known fact that women lose weight more slowly than men (darn it!). But a good friend of mine, who is a mathmetician, says that numbers never lie. It takes x number of calories to equal a pound, and as long as you eat less, those add up to weight loss -- eventually. Fat(free)Me is so right..."Plateaus are a waiting game," but you can beat them (in time)!

    Keep eating the right things and take care of that ankle, Sunny Girl. And Don, keep doing what you are doing! Every step you take is a step closer to your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 40 lbs in 4 months!! That's amazing!! What an inspiration! I'm so jealous & so impressed! Bravo girl bravo!!

    ReplyDelete