Sunny Girl and I are on a continuing journey down a road which will lead us to ultimate weight-loss success. We invite you to join us. We strive to live healthier lives as we loose the weight which has held us back for so long.

Village Members..

8/30/09

Live...Learn.




What a beautiful day this turned out to be, I had my brother and his family over today and yes, I had crabs and spaghetti...yes, it was good and no, I didn't feel as good as I thought I would once I ate it. It was delicious, but I felt overstuffed and tired after the meal. I know why I wanted to taste it again, but it was definitely not as delightful as I thought it would be.

Tomorrow it's back on track, no detours. I am not going to weigh this week...it could be too disappointing, so I will skip it and move forward.

The thing about today was that I completely enjoyed being with my brother and his family and my mom came too with her pooch and a good time was had by all. What I'm trying to say is, it would have been just as fabulous if I'd had a bunless burger and a salad. People are what makes life so good, not the food. It's just not about the food anymore.

3 comments:

  1. I am glad you had your crabs and spaghetti this weekend. I always found that when I denied myself a certain food, I craved it even more, so much so that it obsessed my every thought. So now that you have had it, you can move on. Interesting that you are so attuned to your body now that you could feel how you responded physically. This is so important because you will remember this next time a high carb food comes into play. Your diet is so low carb that your body responded, by being tired, even though you had a small portion. You have made a very important observation. Think how you used to eat and then feel stuffed and tired. You have come a long way. Skipping the weigh in is smart. Keep those spirits high by moving that upper body any way you can. You can do it!!! Family is what really matters and why you started this journey. So you will be around for a long time to enjoy your family and share more get togethers like the one you just had. Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Revelations are an important part of this process. It's people, relationships and experiences that matter, not the food. I'm glad to hear you had such a great time with the family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang don't you just hate that...you eat high carb food & if the guilt doesn't get you..the overall lousy feeling for sure gets you.

    ReplyDelete