Sunny Girl and I are on a continuing journey down a road which will lead us to ultimate weight-loss success. We invite you to join us. We strive to live healthier lives as we loose the weight which has held us back for so long.

Village Members..

8/1/09



It was commented to me recently that I seem to 'always' have a positive attitude regarding this journey. That I never seem to have a weak moment, a down emotion, etc... which makes it to the blog.

In all honesty, I am not 'always' up. I have moments where I say things like "I wish I could have that ice cream cone', or I say ' Damn.. that bread smells good'.. or... ' I'm so FAT' or...... ' Is this ever going to end????'.....

I think it's normal, no matter how much my lifestyle has changed, my opinions or my attitudes, that I question or doubt. I wouldn't be human otherwise. BUT ... BUT... BUT.... the fact is...

I have changed my life. My perspective overall is focused on loosing the weight, changing my relationship with food, changing my lifestyle in a positive way, making me a priority.

Even though I'm not ALWAYS 100 percent in the new mindset... the 2 percent that isn't, doesn't usually make it here to the blog, because, that's all it is, a miniscule little part of me that 'backslides just for a moment' and in thought only.. the 97 percent keeps me safe and invulnerable to temptation.

This blog is my safe place, my positive place. If the negative ever starts to take-over to the point that it is going to impact my results.. believe me, it will make it into this blog, because I would expect from my supporters, the support to push it back down, and bring it under control~!

2 comments:

  1. I know, those cloudy moments still happen to me, but I don't tend to blog about the details. I use my blog as a sort of self-motivation thing and it helps keep me in the right frame of mind.

    I am working on my bulletproof vest, but knitting with barbed wire is slow progress, LOL.

    Thinking of Sunny at the moment, my heart goes out to her as I know how difficult a time she must be having. If you get a chance send her my love please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My boss recently shared an inspirational thought with the staff. It was something he picked up from Steven Covey - but it actually is a thought that is thousands of years old. It is that we really only have control over 10% of what happens to us in life. The other 90% comes from how we react to the 10%. I've been chewing on it all week. Definately something to think about.

    ReplyDelete