Sunny Girl and I are on a continuing journey down a road which will lead us to ultimate weight-loss success. We invite you to join us. We strive to live healthier lives as we loose the weight which has held us back for so long.

Village Members..

8/10/09

A Scorcher


95 degrees and only scattered clouds. It was one hot day today, so I suited up and headed to the pool right after my amazing conversation with my friend, Moe ;)...but no exercise whatsoever.

All I wanted to do was close my eyes and feel the warmth wash over me. So that's what I did. I feel wonderful after spending the afternoon doing that, it was just what I needed to re-charge and think about the future and how great it will be now that I am feeling healthier and more at ease in my own skin. I am no longer embarrassed by my size, no longer worried about losing control and needing to eat in order to feel full and tired, the kind of tired that comes from being overstuffed and bored.

I get tired now because I'm living life and enjoying being busy and useful. Enjoying doing the things that I always wished I was well enough to do. I never felt 'good' before this life journey began, I usually always felt tired and aggravated and hungry, and of course eating (all the wrong things) made me more tired and so the cycle continued! Amazing what a little discipline can do.

Tomorrow will be another hot one, so you'll know where to find me :)

2 comments:

  1. Ugg the heat. It's been like 158 degrees here lately & humid beyond reasonability. When is autumn????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love autumn! I can't wait myself.

    ReplyDelete