Sunny Girl and I are on a continuing journey down a road which will lead us to ultimate weight-loss success. We invite you to join us. We strive to live healthier lives as we loose the weight which has held us back for so long.

Village Members..

8/23/09

Small Sacrifices or Small Successes?...

Well, here we go with another gym conversation! I was at the gym today and was talking to a friend. He is also doing a 'sort-of' Low-Carb plan. We were talking about each of our journeys and he said "It sucks how much you have to sacrifice... nothing sweet, no bread or pasta... every time I make the choice not to have one of those things, it's so damn hard and such a sacrifice..."

I thought about it for a minute or so, and realized I face the same decisions. I keep telling everyone who I talk to our journey about, that my perspective has changed on food. Here is a good example. The guy I was talking to and I are faced with the same situation, having to make the same choices each time. His perspective, "I'm suffering, I'm making concessions and sacrifices'.. my perspective 'EACH TIME I MAKE A CORRECT CHOICE, IT IS A SUCCESS~'. Big difference in perspective, and it's what keeps me making the right choices.

I'm doing good on plan. It's been a crazy weekend. Our Air Conditioning went out and will probably be out for a while (I can't even get someone out to look at it, probably till the end of next week), SO.. we had to buy a portable unit and just try to keep the living room and bedroom cool. We put up plastic barriers over the other doorways and boy... the kitchen is SO HOT and HUMID.. anyhow, it was trying, but we're handling it. I got to the gym today (Woo Hoo!). I'm getting ready for another long week. Three weeks until vacation! I'll try to blog during the week a few times.

2 comments:

  1. At least working those long hours will be in air conditioning!! That was what got me to go to work some days, knowing that my company was paying the electric bill - ha, ha!! I hope it is a cooler week in your neck of the woods. You are doing so great, I can read how pumped you are. Keep up the great attitude and success. XOXO Peggy

    ReplyDelete