Sunny Girl and I are on a continuing journey down a road which will lead us to ultimate weight-loss success. We invite you to join us. We strive to live healthier lives as we loose the weight which has held us back for so long.

Village Members..

9/18/09

Autumn Energy

Autumn is my favorite time of year and this one is no exception. I am feeling so energized, so alive and awake, it's even hard for me to sleep in lately. Being back on the losing track only adds to the energy I feel.

I've realized that sodium has played a part in my weight loss 'stall' and I am staying away from anything salty... I was eating slim jims because they were convenient and cheap, but the sodium was hampering my progress. I am prone to water retention, as many are, and water pills are not an option for me, so says my doctor. I was also munching sunflower seeds to curb my smoking, it helped, but I am now realizing that they are way too salty and I am now looking for unsalted ones. I came to this conclusion after speaking with my doctor and he recommended that I halt the salt and bump up the exercise which I have done as well...working my upper body (and some lower as well) has begun to work. My weight loss is on the rise and I couldn't be happier. I want so badly to be closer to 200 than 300...I can feel it happening for me finally and it feels so good!

Looking forward to hearing from Don, his trip is nearing the end of it's ride and I am missing his inspiration.

Have a wonderful weekend, friends.

1 comment:

  1. I've been cutting back on the salt too ... which is SO HARD. I'm a sea saltaholic. I picked up some Also Salt from Nature's Market but it just isn't the same ... but whatever I have to do to break this stall!

    ReplyDelete